I miss my favorite workout class but is it safe to return to it? Will it be safe for my child and family if I send my kid to a summer camp? My child can’t wait to play baseball, but is it wise to expose him and our family to a large group setting again? These are just a few thoughts that your patrons and possibly you have had in the last few weeks when thinking about the reopening process. The idea that our lives might have some options outside of the home is exciting, but there are still underlying hesitations when people think about jumping back into events.
So, how do you market these events? What do you need to do to make people feel safe enough to come out and play again? SHOW THEM! Your patrons want to not just hear what you are planning to do to keep them safe, they want to see it. People want to know and see what they are going encounter when they return to their favorite events and places. How do you do that?
- Take time to create short videos or take pictures of what specific steps you are taking to follow the health and safety measures suggested by your local and state government.
- Video and post on social media a training that your agency holds for your staff about sanitation processes.
- Take a short clip interviewing a summer camp staff member or umpire verbalizing their excitement for their event and also what they will do to keep the kids healthy and safe.
- Prepare your staff and front-line workers with extra customer service skills to answer questions about the new procedures. Prepare them for anxious patrons who want to join in your programs but might still have underlying fears which may come out in anger or frustration.
- When you reopen, have extra staff available to talk and walk people through what the new procedures will be. Your patrons do not want to guess about what they should do when walking into your facilities.
We’re in this together. Please visit the Locker Room and share what marketing you are doing to reopen your programs and ask your questions. Here is a link to a reopening marketing discussion thread in the forum to share your examples or questions. #StrongerTogether